MINUTES of BOARD MEETING 3.3.2017
Time Friday 3rd February 2017 at 16:00
Place Kulttuuritalo Telakka (Tullikamarinaukio 3)
Niina Jyränen (arrived at 16:11)
Sami Vuorenpää (arrived at 16:17)
- Opening the Meeting
The meeting opened at 16:06.
- Legality and Quorum
The meeting was legal and the board was able to make decisions.
- Organisation of the meeting
Emilia Tuurala was chairman.
Anna-Mari Hiltunen was secretary.
The scrutinisers are Salla Uusitalo and Hasan Sohail.
- Acceptance of the agenda
The suggested agenda was accepted.
- Aviisi has interviewed Emilia Tuurala and the paper is going to publish a story about TAYK next week. TAYK will also publish the text through its social media channels.
- Elisa Palminen will be the chair of the board for the next two months during the absence of Emilia Tuurala (from the beginning of March until the end of May).
- Economic affairs
- The UN association Tampere has decided to let Nina Huhtinen and Emilia Tuurala to have an access to the bank account of the organization. They will also be given a credit card (Visa Electron) for the account and they have the right to use the bank account on the web.
- We will reimburse the costs of the train tickets (42 euros) for Anne Palm who was the guest speaker of our event ‘’Have a drink with TAYK’’ on the 28th of February.
- We will have to pay for TAYK’s webpage domain during March.
- Past events
- We had an internship information session with TEN on the 15th of February. The event was a success with approx. 45-50 people attending.
- Have a drink with TAYK, which was organized on the 28th, went also well.
- Upcoming events
- We will participate at the event organized in the spirit of ‘’Providing free contraception for youth -campaign’’. The event is going to be a panel discussion that TAYK could promote through its social media channels once the event is created on the web. We could participate at the actual event on the 20th of March.
- The week against Racism combined with material collection for Apu-Paku ry: we are thinking about creating a two-day event at the campus (possibly the 21st and 22nd of March) during which we would encourage the students to write small texts in accordance with the theme week and to donate some material Apu-Paku ry needs for their Gambia project.
- In April-May we could arrange another Have a drink with TAYK -event.
- We thought about applying for a Vision’s grant in order to organize a cultural event, e.g. a movie night. The deadline for the application is the 15th of March. Before applying we have to check how much screening a movie (DiCaprio’s Before the Flood) would cost. One possible date for the movie night could be the 20th of April.
- The spring meeting has to be organized soon. We will have to figure out whether there is a deadline for organizing it.
- We will arrange a Vappu-picnic later on in the spring and ask other organizations to join (e.g., Amnesty and UN Women).
- The excursion to Switzerland might be too difficult to arrange. We thought about having a trip to Helsinki instead in the autumn.
- Webpage and blog
- Our publicists have been active on our social media channels.
- Joel Linnainmäki has promised to write for our blog, we will ask again for his text.
- The minutes have to be published on our website.
- Translating the webpage has not started yet due to some technical questions. The workload will be shared among the board members anyway.
- Our publicists decided to have a separate meeting to discuss the idea of live streaming and other steps to make publishing of future event more successful.
- Other matters
- We have to decide what theme we would like to have for Peace Day in the autumn. ‘’Peace and Security’’ was discussed as a main team that we could split into smaller parts/themes later. After discussions, we chose that to be our main theme and talked about having the event possibly on the 21st of September. Before choosing the date we still have to make sure that the ‘Political Science Department Day’ is not going to be on the same day.
- Next meeting
Elisa Palminen who will be the chair for the next two months will organize a poll about the date and time of the next meeting.
- Ending the meeting
The meeting ended at 17:23.